Without Wasting 10's of 1000's of Dollars buying a newer RV
Before you spend tens of thousands of dollars upgrading to a new motor home why not think about upgrading what you already have. Regardless if your RV is your home or your home away from home, It is your unique residence. There are many reasons to buy a new RV and there are just as many reasons to upgrade your existing home.
Regardless if you think of your RV as a permanent home or a vacation home, there are ways to customize it to make it uniquely you. Think about it... When you purchase a new home, you go through a process of picking out everything from the flooring, to the style of cabinets you want. Even after you have moved in, you continue the process by designing each room to your specific likes and taste. When you first look at your new RV, you fall in love with it. It is absolutely beautiful.
There is nothing you would change in it. And rightly so, almost every RV is set up with beauty and functionality built for a traveler and usually, we accept this and don't do a thing to make it our own with our own style and design. Just as you would pick the color of your walls or cabinets or the type of flooring in a new home, why wouldn't you do the same for your RV; after all, this is your home. If you didn't care to have your own home while you are traveling, wouldn't you have just settled for staying in hotels or a B & B?
There are many things you can do to give your RV that homey feeling.
Here are 10 things you can easily do even on a budget, from the very simple changes to more extravagant changes.
1) The most expensive change might be in the furniture. If your furniture is worn and you just want to replace it, or if it is outdated and it needs a make-over, or if you just want to add your own style and colors, there are many options. You can purchase completely new chairs, tables, and sofas, which may be the most expensive option. You can also have your pieces re-upholstered with your own choice of fabric and colors. There are upholstery shops that are very experienced in helping with your RV furniture such as Active RV Upholstery Center.
2) If your captain’s chair has an ugly worn and/or damaged look, you could consider covering them with sheepskin covers. These would be an alternative and less costly solution to cover the chair bottoms and armrests without having to replace the entire chair.
3) Consider sitting for a nice family dinner and your dinette cushions are very uncomfortable. Your back hurts after sitting for just a short time. You can replace the dinette RV foam with high-quality grade RV foam. It will make a world of difference and you will thank yourself after. This is an affordable way to create a comfortable eating environment. These should also be available through an upholstery shop.
4) Make your bedroom, yours... Create the feel you want by choosing a bedspread or comforter that expresses your style. You can always change the curtains to match. Use organizers for your closet and drawer space to make the best of the smaller spaces available. Keep your bedroom, your bedroom and try not to use it for miscellaneous storage space. This is your personal space...keep it that way.
5) You are not stuck with the floors you have. If you have wood floors and prefer carpet, why not change it...if you have carpet and prefer tile, go for it. You can add your own throw rug that adds some of your own dimension and style. This can be a do-it-yourself project with supplies from places like Home Depot or Lowes.
6) You also do not have to feel stuck with the walls. You can always paint them to bring more color. You should consider hanging personal photos on the walls or other framed pictures. These can be added in the living space, in the restroom or in the hallway. Personal photos will always create a sense of family and unity. This is another do-it-yourself project and can make your interior feel and look totally different at a very low cost.
7) It’s all about making your family comfortable….so what about your family pet. Many pets like to sit on the front dash while traveling. Why not cover your dash with a custom dash cover. The cover will help with glare and heat and will keep your family pet comfortable.
8) Change the lighting to create the moods you want to feel. You can change or add lighting to any area. If you don't already have one, you could even add a skylight to allow more natural lighting. These are fairly inexpensive from $70 and up and you can find videos on YouTube for easy installation.
9) Since you will be driving your home, you should consider a steering wheel cover. Long hours on the road and after your RV has been sitting in a hot spot can make your steering wheel very hot to the touch. A simple cover can make a world of difference.
10) RV windshield curtains are sometimes an eyesore. They end up getting those nasty un-cleanable stains and you don’t even know where they came from. You can’t wash them and it is impossible to replace them because of the custom sizes and ship of each window. You just have to live with them right…nope guess again, Active RV Upholstery Center can make RV curtains the same size and shape as yours because they use your old curtains as a pattern. You can pick the fabric and color. Just send your old curtain in from anywhere and they will be made and sent back to you.
Many of these customizing projects can be do-it-yourself jobs, however, for those projects that you may need just a little bit more help, you can visit Active RV Upholstery Center's website by clicking the button below. Have fun customizing and enjoying your new home environment.