Without Wasting 10's of 1000's of Dollars buying a newer RV
Before you spend tens of thousands of dollars upgrading to a new motor home why not think about upgrading what you already have. Regardless if your RV is your home or your home away from home, It is your unique residence. There are many reasons to buy a new RV and there are just as many reasons to upgrade your existing home.
Regardless if you think of your RV as a permanent home or a vacation home, there are ways to customize it to make it uniquely you. Think about it... When you purchase a new home, you go through a process of picking out everything from the flooring, to the style of cabinets you want. Even after you have moved in, you continue the process by designing each room to your specific likes and taste. When you first look at your new RV, you fall in love with it. It is absolutely beautiful.
There is nothing you would change in it. And rightly so, almost every RV is set up with beauty and functionality built for a traveler and usually, we accept this and don't do a thing to make it our own with our own style and design. Just as you would pick the color of your walls or cabinets or the type of flooring in a new home, why wouldn't you do the same for your RV; after all, this is your home. If you didn't care to have your own home while you are traveling, wouldn't you have just settled for staying in hotels or a B & B?
There are many things you can do to give your RV that homey feeling.
Here are 10 things you can easily do even on a budget, from the very simple changes to more extravagant changes.
1) The most expensive change might be in the furniture. If your furniture is worn and you just want to replace it, or if it is outdated and it needs a make-over, or if you just want to add your own style and colors, there are many options. You can purchase completely new chairs, tables, and sofas, which may be the most expensive option. You can also have your pieces re-upholstered with your own choice of fabric and colors. There are upholstery shops that are very experienced in helping with your RV furniture such as Active RV Upholstery Center.
2) If your captain’s chair has an ugly worn and/or damaged look, you could consider covering them with sheepskin covers. These would be an alternative and less costly solution to cover the chair bottoms and armrests without having to replace the entire chair.
3) Consider sitting for a nice family dinner and your dinette cushions are very uncomfortable. Your back hurts after sitting for just a short time. You can replace the dinette RV foam with high-quality grade RV foam. It will make a world of difference and you will thank yourself after. This is an affordable way to create a comfortable eating environment. These should also be available through an upholstery shop.
4) Make your bedroom, yours... Create the feel you want by choosing a bedspread or comforter that expresses your style. You can always change the curtains to match. Use organizers for your closet and drawer space to make the best of the smaller spaces available. Keep your bedroom, your bedroom and try not to use it for miscellaneous storage space. This is your personal space...keep it that way.
5) You are not stuck with the floors you have. If you have wood floors and prefer carpet, why not change it...if you have carpet and prefer tile, go for it. You can add your own throw rug that adds some of your own dimension and style. This can be a do-it-yourself project with supplies from places like Home Depot or Lowes.
6) You also do not have to feel stuck with the walls. You can always paint them to bring more color. You should consider hanging personal photos on the walls or other framed pictures. These can be added in the living space, in the restroom or in the hallway. Personal photos will always create a sense of family and unity. This is another do-it-yourself project and can make your interior feel and look totally different at a very low cost.
7) It’s all about making your family comfortable….so what about your family pet. Many pets like to sit on the front dash while traveling. Why not cover your dash with a custom dash cover. The cover will help with glare and heat and will keep your family pet comfortable.
8) Change the lighting to create the moods you want to feel. You can change or add lighting to any area. If you don't already have one, you could even add a skylight to allow more natural lighting. These are fairly inexpensive from $70 and up and you can find videos on YouTube for easy installation.
9) Since you will be driving your home, you should consider a steering wheel cover. Long hours on the road and after your RV has been sitting in a hot spot can make your steering wheel very hot to the touch. A simple cover can make a world of difference.
10) RV windshield curtains are sometimes an eyesore. They end up getting those nasty un-cleanable stains and you don’t even know where they came from. You can’t wash them and it is impossible to replace them because of the custom sizes and ship of each window. You just have to live with them right…nope guess again, Active RV Upholstery Center can make RV curtains the same size and shape as yours because they use your old curtains as a pattern. You can pick the fabric and color. Just send your old curtain in from anywhere and they will be made and sent back to you.
Many of these customizing projects can be do-it-yourself jobs, however, for those projects that you may need just a little bit more help, you can visit Active RV Upholstery Center's website by clicking the button below. Have fun customizing and enjoying your new home environment.
What exactly is an RV bra?
RV bras are designed to cover and protect the front section of the motorhome and are customized specifically for your RV’s make, model, and year. They are not permanently attached to the front, although they will have to be fixed in place with provided twist locks. They cover the front to protect it from bugs damaging the paint, but many purchase our RV bras to cover damage caused by the 3M diamond shield clear RV bra material. RV Bras can cover up cracks if your motorhome already has them. Our RV bra come in many colors - all choices provide the same protection from UV rays.
What about fit to my motorhome's front section?
For example Active Rv Upholstery Center make their own patterns and do it by working directly on the frnt section of a motorhome. Thier design philosophy is to fit the bra geometry for protection coverage, install properly and to give a rich look. The design is part science and part art.
They take into account for all the headlights, sensors, fog lights, windshield wipers, cameras, grill openings etc. They do not design patterns to cut corners on material or labor. They strive to make the best looking, best fitting RV bra for each motorhome. The bra fastens to your motorhome using twist fasteners across the top and along the sides. The bottom edge is secured with hooks. After the first application, the hooks never have to be reshaped
What type of material do they use?
Every RV mask is cut and sewn. The nautolex coated fabric with a soft felt backing has been engineered for the most demanding outdoor environments. nautolex UV-resistant fabric is formulated with special pigments
When will the RV Bra Ship and How long will it take to get to me?
They make all the RV bras to the order in their shop so nothing is in stock at the time you order. With hundreds of patterns, each with options, and 12 choices for colors, making to the order is the only practical way to work. It typically takes 10-15 business days to make and ship an order. Then you have the transit time for delivery on top of our manufacturing time. The estimated transit time info comes from that shipper and is not a guarantee. They do not consolidate orders over a week or two for manufacturing planning nor do they have them made in another country like some other companies!
What if my Motorhome already has existing snap/twist locks installed on them?
They are still able to make the bra for you and match the eyelets to your existing fasteners in 1 of 3 ways. After the order is placed they will verify by viewing your photos if the existing Rv bra was in fact made from their pattern, if it was, the fasteners will match up nicely, if not and you have the existing old bra, they would ask if you can ship it to them and they will be able to match the location of your fasteners with your old bra. If the old bra does not match our pattern and you no longer have the old bra, then they would send you a schematic of the front of your coach and request measurements on where those fasteners are located.
Check Out Other RV Products Made by: Active RV Upholstery Center
RV Dash Covers - RV Sheepskin Seat Covers - RV Steering Wheel Covers- RV Furniture - RV Curtains/Drapes RV Dinette Cushions/Foam & More
You're Ready to Hit the Road.
All the comforts of home are nicely packed in your RV, your home-away-from-home. You have considered everything from your food to your bedding. You may have even made sure you have everything you need for your family pet. Have you considered your comfort while driving? For some reason, this is one comfort that is often forgotten. Think about it, you will be sitting in the same seat for hours, so shouldn't this be as comfortable as possible? Why not consider sheepskin seat covers!
Below are 6 Benefits to Sheepskin Captain Chair Seat Covers
1) Most RV captain chairs are leather yes, the leather chairs are beautiful, however, on a long ride, your legs tend to stick to them, especially if it is warm outside. For this reason, you may decide you need to wear long pants rather than comfortable shorts. The soft, plush feel of sheepskin VS the hot sticky feel of leather... need I say more?
2) It is said that sheepskin activates blood circulation and the immune syatem which contributes to a more relaxed body for the long ride.
3) Sheepskin is hypo-allergenic and contains lanolin and therefore, it is very gentle against your skin and believed to help soothe and reduce rashes on sensitive skin.
4) You will not get that sting of electrical static charge when you get in and out of your RV seat since sheepskin is resistant to flame and static electricity.
5) Sheepskin will help you stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
6) Sheepskin helps deter dirt and bacteria.
It only makes sense that you should want to be comfortable with motorhome sheepskin seat covers while you are driving. Active RV Upholstery offers custom made sheepskin seat covers for any RV. All you need to do is complete the measurement form and send a couple of photos and your custom seat covers will be made especaily for you.
How to Sell Used RV's To Millennials Fast and Easy!
If you are looking for a new approach to selling your used RVs, we have a new technique for you won't cost you a cent. A no-cost no-obligation partnership with Active RV Upholstery just might be the solution you have been waiting for. Imagine trying to sell a used RV that you clearly know has some issues. How do you address those issues without leaving a negative impression on the buyer? You offer a solution! The concept of this technique is to offer a low-cost solution to some easy fixes and possibly offering a discount to cover the fixes.
Millennials are Looking for honesty and someone they can trust
By working directly with Active RV Upholstery, you will be able to offer these qualities to your customer. Your customer will know upfront what any repair and/or replacement would cost and they would see there is no markup just to make the sale. Trust leads to future sales.
Active RV Upholstery can help with your referrals or in direct partnership with you. Depending on the situation, you can offer these directly to your customer as an easy and convenient way for them to get exactly what they want or you can offer to handle any of the options to upgrade their motorhome prior to them picking it up.
Here are 8 Ways We Can Help You Sell to Millennials
1) Get a free estimate quote from us within 24hrs on many replacing/reupholstering jobs. You can use this as a selling advantage. Remember your customer is anxious to get their new home, so you can provide them with a quick and easy way to know what it's going to cast them to change/upgrade all features to make it the perfect home they are looking for.
2) Offer a quick turn-around for replacing old dinette/sofa cushions covers and even the foam. All you need to do is send us the eyesore damaged/worn cushion covers and we will make and send your reupholstered items. Estimated time is only 1 week.
3) If your customer wants to personalize the interior with their own fabric and color choice, Active RV Upholstery is able to reupholster the dinette, sofa, chairs and even make new drapes to color coordinate 1-2 weeks.
4) Offer our services as a way to simply guide them to a solution by referring them to a reputable RV upholstery company that can help them with all their upholstery needs, This will give them the peace of mind they need to move forward with the purchase by knowing the issues can be solved quickly and by knowing they are able to contact us directly.
5) An RV bra/mask is the perfect solution for covering the unsightly damage to the front of the motorhome and also offers protection from further damage. This can be purchased and installed prior to the sale or offered as an option directly to your customer.
6) If your customer wants to customize the inside of their new home, they can order any furniture unit such as sofa, dinette, recliners, captain chairs, just to name a few. Any of these pieces can be replaced and Active RV can offer it in any color material/type of their choosing. we will ship this directly to their doorstep or even better you might want to offer to install the pieces. Estimated time is only 1-2 weeks
7) Active RV has a solution for your customers with pets. RV dash covers are the perfect solution for pets that like to claw and scratch the dash vinyl/plastic. We have custom-fit dash covers that will protect the dash from the elements and pet claws.
8) We offer a upholstery repair for your warrantied items. If you have any issues that are upholstery related, we can offer warranty work to save you time and money.
We Offer RV Dealer Discounts on all our Products & Services
Become a Dealer Today and Recieve a Free RV Dealers Package!
RV living has its own set of challenges
We can imagine the challenges of a much smaller living space. You may need to downsize in everything from clothes to your dishes. You will need to plan meals more efficiently and manage time to keep everything in order. Planning has become a big part of your life as you plan your trip from point A to point B and all the stops in between. You probably prepared yourself for these types of changes in your lifestyle, however, you may not have given any thought to the callenges you may face when living with someone while in an RV.
It is human nature to need space
Just think about how uncomfortable you fell while in a line and someone stands to close to you or how you feel in a crowded elevator. We all need our space. When living in an RV your space is limited not only for your material things, but you are also always near to the person you travel with. Maybe you did'nt plan on this aspect of living out of your RV. At first, it probably seemed like it would be romantic and/or a time to spend together. RV living is the perfect way to spend time together and experience a whole new world, however, people are only human and therefore, there may be those times when you just feel like you need your space. This should be something you plan for, while planning all the other aspects of RV living. A good place to start would be to consider your likes and dislikes as well as your individual time needs.
Plan trips and stops for all involved
If you have a few people traveling with you, you may need to schedule bathroom time, nap time, or TV time. If you only have one TV and or radio, you may want to be sure to have headphones available. It is a bit harder to stay out of each others way so you may need to plan or at least think about personal space and how to accommodate everyone, especially if you have children/teens with you. Another thing to consider is chores. A smaller living space tends to create the need for chores to be done more often. We all know that it is easy to get upset with someone over a little matter if you are already mad about something else. Don't let your lifestyle get in the way and cause problems that would not have otherwise been a problem. These are only a few suggestions and hopefully, they will help you plan all aspects of RV living.
RV living could and should be an exciting way of lifeRegardless if it is a lifestyle or vacation style. With the right preparation and planning, this way of living could contribute to healthy relationships based on trust and sharing. To be able to share your life with someone is the best feeling in the world and living an RV life can prove to be an experiance like no other.
I hope you enjoyed the article, and thank for reading it until the end. If you would like to read more stories from Active RV Upholstery Center please follow us on any of the social media platforms or visit our website.